Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Short and sweet motivational questions for your self-care #12. The t-shirt each of us should wear every day

He's smiling and talking with passion about what moves and motivates him. I'm listening attentively, and I smile back, because we are on the same page about so many things.
When he's about to close the zipper of his sweatshirt, I suddenly notice the slogan on his t-shirt:

Everything is my fault

[What if you would wear a t-shirt like this
every single day, and you would live by its message?]

And so I smile even more. We're on the same page, once more.

Most often than not, we like to think that the circumstances make or break us. That it's because of the circumstances that things are like they are, even more when we don't like how things are.

So stop blaming everyone else. Repeat this to yourself: Everything is My Fault. Own it. Then relentlessly attack your goals with purpose.

What if we would think that everything is our fault instead, and we would take responsibility for our actions, thoughts, feelings and for our circumstances, and commit to own them and improve them?

How would life be, then?

This one is for Michel, whose decaf flat white is simply irresistible.

Tags: T-shirts wisdom, Taking responsibility, Reframing, Self-awareness, Self-care

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!