Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, December 3, 2018

One coaching question a day - #3. What are you afraid of?

If I would ask you right now what are you afraid of and which kind of demons come to visit you when you are tired, unsure of something and stressed out, what would you say?

In my case, I know that I have been afraid for a long time of not being enough, beautiful enough, lovely enough, lovable enough. My demons would come over, enjoy themselves, organize a party and stay for days, while having the time of their (demon's) life.


And yet, at last, I learned to deal with my demons and my fears in a productive way and to canalize the emotions, the energy, the thoughts.


If I got rid of my demons, I’d lose my angels.
Thomas Lanier Williams III, better known as Tennessee Williams [1911-1983]

I learned to transform my demons and fears into the love I was looking for and that in the past I thought I could never get.
Even more important, I learned how to recognize the kind of love I needed, wanted and was dreaming of, to be aware of it. And I decided to be honest with myself about it.

[One of the best quotes ever about dealing with demons?
It's from Charles Bukowski and it is practically 
the coolest explanation I found about how Ego-state therapy works]

Don’t fight your demons. Your demons are here to teach you lessons. Sit down with your demons and have a drink and a chat and learn their names and talk about the burns on their fingers and scratches on their ankles. Some of them are very nice.
Charles Bukowski, born as Heinrich Karl Bukowski [1920-1994]

Instead of focusing on what you are afraid of, how about asking yourself how can you transform your demons and fears into the love you are looking for?
What demons and fears are trying to tell you and how can they serve you?
How does love look like for you? Which kind of love are you open to and willing to accept?

This one is for Jan, the kind of good friend one needs while dealing with their own fears.
And for MichaƂ, that loves writers like Charles Bukowski so much.

Tags: Accepting fear, Dealing with fear, Outgrowing fear, Self-awareness, Coaching questions, Quotes about fear

What to read next:

You could also enjoy:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!