Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, December 10, 2018

One coaching question a day - #6. What does karaoke say about you?

Being drunk will show your true colors and enhance the quirky (or weird) sides of your personality that usually don't make it that much to the spotlight, they say. 
And they have been saying it for over 2,000 years, according to the old Latin saying "In vino veritas" (translated as "In wine there is truth").
So, probably it is true, at least to some extent.

If you ask me, I believe something similar to be true about... karaoke.
Yep, karaoke.

[When it's karaoke time, it is "mandatory" for me to go for
Elton John, Cher, the ABBA or "Disco 2000" by Pulp.
How about you?]

When it's karaoke time, what's the song you "have" to sing no matter what and it's always a blast? (for you, and hopefully also for those around you... I would add ^^)

A new hit? A timeless oldie? An obscure song in another language? The masterpiece of your favorite artist?
A sad sad sad song or a fun one? Cheesy and romantic? Epic refrains? Which genre?
Are you able to nail it or do you perform just to have fun and you don't care if you miss half of the lyrics or you are out of sync most of the time?

Do you like to sing alone or you need a partner in crime, or even more than one?
Do you sing what you enjoy or what you think people would expect from you?
It is all about self-perception or how others perceive you, while singing?

What does karaoke reveal about you, if you ask yourself the right questions?

Tags: Self-awareness, Karaoke, Coaching questions

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!