Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

One coaching question a day - #6. What does karaoke say about you? [The question I didn't ask and I should have asked]

It has been so many months ago, and yet I remember it as if it would have happened yesterday.
"I would love people to see me, like I am. Me, not my looks, not my tattoos, not my persona. Just me", I said.
"Then you have to show yourself like you are", he replied, as relaxed as I would imagine Buddha to be in such a situation.
And, cheesy enough and yet absolutely true, the sentence clicked for me.

On that sunny summer day, while sitting on a bench with a good friend and enjoying his company and the beautiful view around me, I promised myself to show others the real me no matter what, even more than before. And to do it for myself, in order to be even more the person I want to be, every day
Without letting fear stop me or make me doubt myself and what I am. 

[Pic: Me, December 2018 © Radoslaw Kosiada
Playing around and showing the real me, no matter what]

Many months have passed by, after that conversation, and showing who I am just became a second nature to me. So it was very interesting, yesterday, to hear back from a reader telling me that he was not able to get my question from the karaoke post, because he would never sing in front of other people. I asked you:

When it's karaoke time, what's the song you "have" to sing no matter what and it's always a blast? 

Before asking you so many other questions about your karaoke style and way of life and fantasizing about what this can say about you, the very first question I should have asked and yet I didn't, was:

When it's karaoke time, are you willing to show yourself and to join the fun?

If not, what are you afraid of?
Does it make a difference if you are surrounded by friends or by strangers?
What's the worst that could happen to you?

Tags: Self-awareness, Karaoke, Coaching questions

What to read next:
One coaching question a day - #6. What does karaoke say about you? 

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!
Where to start, if you are new