Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Short and sweet motivational questions for your self-care #14. Your words

They ask. I say no. They ask again. And I say no again. They ask once more. 
And when my answer doesn't change, their words become mean, manipulative and passive-aggressive. They question me as a person, they criticize things about me they don't know anything about, they do their best in order to make me feel bad about myself.

Instead of being hurt, I keep my cool and find the situation fascinating. 
Someone is behaving in a very childish and cruel way because something is getting in their way and they can't have the cake and eat it too. And I am fully aware that this doesn't have anything to do with me.

Getting a no, and it is just a coincidence that the person saying no is me, brings them to use nasty cope mechanisms I don't want to know anything about. 
Here we have some very toxic behavior, ladies and gentlemen. 

[Often we don't even realize who we're meant to be because we're 
so busy trying to live out someone else's ideas, but other people 
and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.
Amen, Oprah
Image credit: PureWow]

What's the best way to react, in such a situation?

The best way to react is to put some emotional distance between you and those unpleasant words, meant to hurt you just because the other person is hurt herself and, apparently, for that reason is up for some kind of fight you don't have to pick up, if you don't want to.

Nobody can make you feel bad about yourself if you don't let them. 
And if you don't give them the power over you necessary for hurting you.

You’re only as good as your word, they say.
How good are your words, then?
What does walking the talk mean to you, and if you get a no, are you going to ask yourself why or are you going to try to do some damage and to hurt the people in front of you?

Tags: Passive-aggressive behavior, Toxic behavior, Quotes, Self-awareness, Self-care

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!