Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #136. - The movie to watch again and again

In May 2020, during the first phase of the lockdown, Bill Gates published on his blog, GatesNotes, not only a list of books for the summer, like he usually does twice a year, but also a couple of movie and TV-show suggestions, closing on this quirky note:

On the much more escapist front, a few weeks ago I re-watched one of my favorite movies, Spy Game, starring Robert Redford and Brad Pitt. It has lots of good surprises, so I don’t want to spoil the plot for you. Not a lot of people have heard of Spy Game, but I’ve probably seen it 12 times.

Spy Game, a spy movie directed by the late Tony Scott in 2001, is not the kind of movie you would expect to be on Bill Gates' list, at least on paper, and yet the choice makes sense, once you should see the movie and realize how brilliant the screenplay and Redford's performance are.

[Watching a good movie can be fun, entertaining,
healing, informative, relaxing, challenging, 
and sometimes even life-changing]

Again, without too many spoilers:
"Spy Game" is about courage, adventure, risk acceptance, boldness, intelligence, friendship, and irony, and it's easy to understand why a man like Bill Gates can enjoy watching the movie again and again.

Coaching question of the day:
"What's the movie you could watch again and again, and why?"

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Movie choices, Spy Game, Bill Gates, Quotes

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!