Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #167. - A no not set in stone

Among the words I always found fascinating, "irremovable" holds a special place.
With just one word it's possible to express a quite articulate thought in a very visual and effective way: I am standing here, my arms crossed and my body tense, and I will not move one bit, under any circumstances.

I am irremovable, I can't be moved no matter what, both literally and metaphorically.
That's what the word conveys and, at first, that "no matter what" can sound pretty cool.   
It's a no, and asking further is pointless.

[Being "set in stone" is another great metaphor,
and yet very few things are actually set in stone.
Besides buildings, of course]

And yet, almost nothing is actually set in stone.
And more often than not, that's a good thing.
More often than not, a "no" can become a "maybe". And even a "yes", sometimes.
Even when we are not able to acknowledge that immediately and we need some time to process such a piece of information.

By all means, take your time with it.
But it may be that getting curious already could help you learn a couple of things about you in the meantime.

Coaching question of the day:
"Which of your NO's is not set in stone?" 

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Saying no, Reframing

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!