Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #196. - Dealing with spam, in your own way

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, they say, even if someone doesn't find it politically correct and therefore it should be not acceptable any longer.
The same applies to spam.

Spam indeed lies in the eye of the beholder and what can sound like a great offer to someone, can come across as an unsolicited and unwanted spam example for many unhappy recipients.

Things have changed a lot since that famous 1970's BBC sketch from "Monty Python's Flying Circus" that serendipitously gave birth to the new meaning of "spam" as we know it now, and spam and spammers have evolved as well.

[Dealing with spam can be good training
for setting boundaries and sticking to them]

There are now many definitions of what "spam" is and could be, and yet, to me, there is a very easy way to determine whether something is spam or not, and it goes like this: 

Did I ask for this message?
Did I want or need what has been offered or asked for?
Will this message improve the quality of my life over time?

It's usually very easy to reply to those questions.
The interesting part is for us to decide what should be done in case of spam, and to act accordingly.

Coaching question of the day: 
"How do you usually deal with spam?"         

                                                
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Dealing with spam, Setting boundaries, Communication etiquette

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!