Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, January 24, 2021

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #319. - Keeping (or not keeping...) secrets

"Can you keep a secret?", someone may ask. 
And, as far as I know, nobody ever said: "No, you shouldn't tell me anything, I am terrible at it!". Even when they are actually terrible at it.

We could be absolutely unable to keep a secret longer than five minutes, or we could be able to loyally keep over the years the secrets friends and loved ones told us better than they would themselves...
Still, the answer usually goes: "Sure, you can trust me!". 


[There is nothing more annoying (and rewarding at the same time)
than discovering that you take the secrets of your loved ones
more seriously than they actually do]

And I have always wondered why people bother to ask at all.
Since the answer is going to be a positive one, no matter how things actually are, the question seems to be a pretty useless one, to me.
If people need to ask, it means that they should not be talking about the matter in the first place.

But now, just between you and me...
Here you have a question that is for you and for you alone to reply to. Nobody is going to know your honest answer to it, besides you.

That said, the answer can definitely offer you food for thought, and a fun way to get to know yourself better.

Coaching question of the day: 
"On a scale of 0 to 10, how good are you at keeping secrets?"                         
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Keeping a secret, Dealing with secrets, Trust in relationships

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!