Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, February 5, 2021

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #331. - Typical of you, perhaps

"That's so typical of me", we may say. Or "That's nothing like me", for that matter.
And it sounds like what we are and what we are not are both set in stone. For eternity and beyond.

Sometimes, it may be. More often than not, it isn't.
People change. We change. Or, to put it better, we can change. Well, if we want it and we consider it possible.


[While replying to this question,
you should also ask yourself 
whether or not you are happy with the answer]

People convinced that they cannot change and people just "are like they are" find it extremely hard to change, even if they may find something about themselves horrible.
People convinced that they can change because life is, in the end, nothing more than neverending change, are able to change eventually. Well, if they are in for putting some work into it.

Let's be intentional about this, for a change.
The next time we say that something is typical of us or nothing like us at all, we should ask ourselves: "Is this how I want things about me to be like?".

If yes, that's lovely. If not, why not change that?

Coaching question of the day: 
"What's typical of you?"                           
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Storytelling, Identity, Self-perception, Sense of fulfillment, Growth mindset, Fixed mindset

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!
Where to start, if you are new