Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #357. - The blocker that isn't actually a blocker

Today's coaching question is one of those that usually tend to feel scary, annoying, or just way too intimate.
The kind of question that most people either try to brush off, to neutralize with irony/sarcasm, or to avoid with some kind of evasive answers.

My favorite ones?
"Me? Afraid? Nah".
"This is none of your business".
"I prefer not to talk about it".
"Why are you asking?".


[Me? I am afraid that nobody will read this blog post
and yet I am publishing it anyway]

The irony of the situation is quite lost on them: They are afraid of talking about what they are afraid of or to be considered weak in doing so.
And yet, being able to talk about what we fear is more often than not a sign of strength and emotional intelligence.

Such a question is rather liberating than problematic.
And that's a marvelous exercise for building up our resilience.

Today I wrote down a long list of things I am afraid of, of doubts, of gloomy scenarios.
In doing so, I had a chance to realize that all the doubts in the world would not keep me from doing what matters to me. And that even if alls my doubts would become true, they would not make my journey less meaningful and relevant to me. 

Answering such a question on a regular basis is what courage is made of.

Coaching question of the day: 
"What are you afraid of, right now?"                            
                                                    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Accepting fear, Dealing with fear, Outgrowing fear, Resilience, Emotional intelligence

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!