Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #104. - Your warrior-mode

Each of us has one, and yet not each of us likes having one.
"Warrior-mode" is the mode we are in where... we are definitely not having that much fun.

It may be that we are under pressure, it may be that we feel challenged by an environment that we perceive as hostile, or that someone has been indeed aggressive in some way (hello to you, the stranger that became loud and sarcastic to me today because social distancing at the post office was slowing you down too much*).
It may be that we are experiencing a situation that triggers our "fight or flight" instinct.

["Warrior-mode" is not a synonym for being violent, 
it is about healthy boundaries instead]

No matter how, why, and how often we let it guide us, we all have a warrior-mode. Some of us are able to embrace it, others try to silence it. Which is not always the best solution.
Still, don't get me wrong.
The warrior-mode has nothing to do with being violent, being inconsiderate, or insulting others.

I would consider it more as a way to establish healthy boundaries and to say NO when necessary, as a way to face a challenge in a strong, and yet clear and respectful way.
The warrior-mode is about holding your own ground and yet being respectful both to yourself and to others.

Coaching question of the day:
"How does your warrior-mode talk and look like?"

*When the stranger became loud and aggressive, I looked at him and said very gently, and yet just as loud as he was one moment before, that the markers on the floor were set for our safety and I was not going to move. And I sustained his annoyed gaze with mine while staying calm but being irremovable. He stepped back. And he didn't say anything else.

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-respect, Healthy boundaries, Saying no, Warrior-mode

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!