Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #153. - Being bold against all the odds

"Today I did something very stupid, or very good. I don't know it yet", he says during our coaching session.
"What do you mean?" I ask, and he tells me about a very bold and brave move he made towards one of his most wanted dreams. And I smile.

"So today you actually did something very bold", I reply.
Now he is smiling.

More often than not, we judge what we do or we want very harshly, probably while thinking that if we are the ones that do it in the first place, it will not hurt when haters, naysayers, and toxic people will come at us and criticize us just as harshly.

Aubrey: What's your name?
Fat Amy: Fat Amy.
Aubrey: You call yourself Fat Amy?
Fat Amy: Yeah, so twig bitches like you don't do it behind my back.
Anna Camp as Aubrey and Rebel Wilson as Fat Amy
in Pitch Perfect (2012) by Jason Moore

[Being bold is scary, like most of the things
that are worth pursuing, so let's be bold]

And yet, most of the time, it hurts just the same way.

And it is not helpful.

Just like beauty, boldness is in the eye of the beholder.
Haters are gonna hate anyway, so let's be bold for a change.

Coaching question of the day:
"Where in your life do you want to be bold?"
    
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Self-empowerment, Quotes, Boldness

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!