Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Thursday, August 6, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #148. - Your priorities, today

The quality of your life is not only directly related to the quality of your relationships and of the questions you ask yourself and others; your priorities play a big role too.

Day after day, we choose what to focus on, what gets our time and attention, what is on top of our list. This could stay the same every single day, change depending on the circumstances, vary based on external triggers, good or bad influences, new ideas, effective or poor time management.

[Remember: a priority is not what you declare as a priority.
A priority is what you spend your time on]

People talk a lot about "getting their priorities straight" and, by any means, it is a very useful thing to say, as long as they let some appropriate action follow their propositions.

When talking about something, saying "I don't have time for this" actually means "I don't consider this enough of a priority to find the time for it" and, as long as we do it on purpose and while being conscious of it, it is totally fine. 

Tell me your priorities, and I will tell you how your day is going to look like.

Coaching question of the day:
"What has been a priority for you today?"     

Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Setting priorities, Time management

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!