Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Friday, June 29, 2018

The sexiness of the long haul, even when other people think that having plans is not sexy

Sometimes, peace can look like a blank space.
One of those spaces in between words, or parts of a sentence. In between phases of your life as well. 
After the end of something, and before something else will actually start.
And while knowing in which direction you are moving, even if you are ready to embrace serendipity, once more.

While paying me a beautiful and very thoughtful compliment, a friend of mine told me a couple of weeks ago: "If I should describe you,  I would say that you are someone with a plan. That you know what you are doing, where you are going and how to get there. Even if life circumstances should not be optimal and get in your way in the short term, I would not be worried about you, because I know that you are able to take care of yourself".

[A blank space in between
can be so peaceful and serendipitous, sometimes]

While listening to him, I just melt.
Because I felt seen and appreciated.
And I felt that his compliment was sincere and not just another left-handed one.


In an environment that makes it so easy to go from a dopamine rush to the next one and to choose instant gratification and short-term solutions that are, in most cases, just a quick and dirty fix for  problems that would need deep work instead, having a plan and going all in for it can feel awkward sometimes.
Having a plan often implies making sacrifices, avoiding short-term pleasure for achieving something bigger and meaningful long-term instead, being able to adopt a minimalist mindset, opting for "less is more" and accepting that, most of the time, people around you will "get you" only after you will have achieved what your plan was for, while questioning your actions during the process.

That's the reason why it is so important to surround yourself with the right people, the ones able to see the hidden beauty of what you are enduring in order to "do your best" for accomplishing what you are up to, even when it's not so sexy, at the first sight.

Tactics are disposable.
Strategy is for the long haul.

This one is for Fabian S.

Tags: Having a plan, Long-term satisfaction, Motivation from within, Supportive peer group, Quotes

What to read next:
Useful questions to ask yourself, while looking for your tribe (of amazing, like-minded and nourishing people) 

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!
Where to start, if you are new