Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, July 2, 2018

That easy, intuitive rule that I made for myself, regarding the people in my life

Someone very wise told me lately: "While looking around, you could have the impression that some people need a pretty good reason for being in a good mood, and others need a pretty good one for being in a bad mood".
(yes, the people in my life are truly cool, I agree)

How are you usually going through your day?
How does your emotional baseline look like?

#1. Are you miserable, grumpy and way too serious, somehow afraid of looking stupid, if you should smile too much or connect with others, by any chance?
A smile without reason is a sign of idiocy. (Russian proverb)

#2. Are you sunny, welcoming and willing to shine, doing your best to share your positive attitude and spread good vibes around you?
Time spent laughing is time spent with the gods. (Japanese proverb)


If you should enter a new room, it doesn't matter whether for
a business meeting, a networking event, a party or a fancy dinner with friends and acquaintances... which kind of person (#1. Vs #2.) would be more appealing to you?
Would you talk to someone that acts just like you usually do, if you could have the choice not to?

I don't know about you, but I would go for #2. every single day of the year.

This one is for James & Boris.

Tags: Emotional intelligence, Emotional baseline, Proverbs, Positive attitude, Mindset, Self-awareness

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!