Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Monday, August 6, 2018

One truth you are not going to like but that is going to make your life way more purposeful (and relaxed)

You are not going to like this, and yet it is true anyway.
It doesn't matter how nice, friendly, cultured, attractive, classy, fun and thankful you are...
Not everyone is going to like you anyway.

Even more, many people are not going to like you exactly because you are nice, friendly, cultured, attractive, classy, fun and thankful. Being a great person to be around will actually make the people around you that got their s**t together adore you and the people around you that are insecure and self-conscious feel even more insecure because of you.

[Dame Helen Lydia Mirren, DBE
has been on stage for over 50 years
and now, in her seventies, is still gorgeous AF
and can pull off a purple metallic trench coat.
Intimidating, huh? Well, who cares if not everyone likes her?]

A small number of them may like you anyway and even decide to see you as a role model and to work on themselves and improve their own life. 
The vast majority, though? 


Wanting to be liked can get in the way of truth
Delia Ephron

They will just not like you. Because seeing you will remind them any single time of how you are and of how they either aren't or don't think they can be. Or they could just see you as from another league, a league they don't want to think about. 

Other people will not like you just because... they don't. 
For no special reason and, to be honest, the truth is that they don't need one, just as they don't need any kind of explanation for that.

Not everyone is going to like you, no matter how hard you try.

[No botox, no surgery, no beauty voodoo
Just Helen Mirren, in all her splendor.
I don't care if everyone is going to like me or not...
While getting older, I want to look back at my life
and know I lived the way I wanted and to be, in my own way,
as magnificent as this woman is

I don't know about you, but I still prefer to be nice, friendly, cultured, attractive, classy, fun and thankful. 
Even if I know that many people are not going to like me anyway or because of it.

The most important thing is... I like myself that way and I am going to keep liking myself that way. And I am the one spending my whole life with myself.
How about you?

This one is for Jasmin, who is not afraid to be a great person to be around.

Tags: Being nice, Positive attitude, Self-awareness, Quotes, Self-determination, Helen Mirren

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!