Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Coaching, reloaded - Coaching question of the day #214. - The golden part of your day, every day

One of the most well-known Italian old proverbs, so famous that it has even been used in the Italian version of Stanley Kubrick's The Shining, declares that "Il mattino ha l'oro in bocca".
That's the equivalent of the English "The early bird catches the worm" and yet, literally, it means "The morning has gold in its mouth".

Besides the weirdness of that image, I always loved the idea of seeing the morning as a golden moment, a special time in the day where everything can feel precious, rare, and valuable.


[How much time do you dedicate to yourself
and your morning routine each day?]

Since I have been a night-owl my whole life, my concept of "morning" has always been a little bit different from the most traditional ones, and yet even night-owls can have their own morning routine.
Indeed, if we stop assuming that "morning" has to be related to the very early hours of the day and can refer to the time we start in our day instead, it is immediately clear that what matters is not "when" we start in our day, but "how".

The habits, the rituals, the actions that we choose can define not only our mornings but the whole day ahead.
Being deliberate about our morning routine means being deliberate about the life we want.

Coaching question of the day: 
"How does your morning routine look like?"          

This one if my dear friend Tania, who is an expert at this.           
                                                
Tags: Coaching question, Self-coaching, Self-awareness, Self-reflection, Proverbs, Movie quotes, Morning reframing, Morning routine

What to read next:
Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!