Purple Search - If you are looking for something special on this blog

Me, Myself & I

My photo
As a life coach, I help people make decisions that fit who they truly are and who they want to become
Copyright © Azzurra Camoglio, 2010-2023 - All rights reserved. Powered by Blogger.

Purple Disclaimer

A Lot Like Purple is my personal blog.
I'm the only person responsible for its content and the views and opinions expressed here are solely mines.
What I write doesn't represent my clients or any other group, organization or agency.

If you notice something inaccurate, not valid any longer or inappropriate, I am looking forward to your feedback.
The honesty and politeness of comments are guaranteed.

Saturday, July 7, 2018

You are never going to be again as young as you are today - How are you going to make the most out of it?

With his own magic Cheshire cat smile that makes his green-blue eyes shine, he looks at me and says: "So jung wie heute kommen wir nicht mehr zusammen", which more or less means "We are never going to be together as young as we are today".

[Sure thing: I am never going to be again
as young as I was on the day this photo has been taken...
Pic: Me, March 2017 © Radoslaw Kosiada]

Even if it is a very popular German expression, even used in a couple of songs, by artists like Goitzsche Front, Tony Marshall (!) and Tocotronic, I've never heard it before and I find it true and hilarious at the same time.

Experiences - that are the scarred wounds of our stupidity.
John Osborne [1929-1994]

He explains that people usually say that when they are looking for an excuse for getting drunk or wasted, or for partying (way too) hard or... for doing something stupid while being carried away by the moment.

Still, this is just one possible way to look at this.

Wasted time is existence.
Used time is life.
Edward Young [1683-1765]

How about seeing it as a way to celebrate the current day, to be mindful and, last but not least, to remember that now, exactly right now, is the very best moment to be alive?
You are never going to be as young as you are today, ever again.

What are you going to do, in order to:

This one is for Ollie, that knows the best jokes in town.

Tags: German sayings, Time management, Mindset, Mindfulness

What to read next:

Visiting the blog for the first time? Aloha!